Friday, August 24, 2012

Cinnamon Cream Cheese Coffee Cake

Good Friday morning. Have you had a good week? Can you believe there's only one week left of August?!??! Wow, this year is FLYING.

Today's recipe is brought to you by Go Bold With Butter. :D And it's pretty apropos! :D

This is a YES, PLEASE. The batter for the cake is THICK; it reminded Mom of something, and I guessed it as "muffin". It would make a FANTASTIC muffin base; it's sturdy, and moist and would stand up to fruit if you chose to add it.

I tweaked the batter by using half Greek yogurt and half sour cream. It ups the protein and cuts the fat just a bit. And it was GOOD. :D

I tweaked the cream cheese by not adding the pecans. The directions for swirling the layer weren't done well; I'd rather do it my way than the way that's written. If you know how to do a good swirl, pay no attention to that part of the directions. :D

I did the crumb topping exactly as written. Well, if you include adding more cinnamon. :D

I cut this recipe into two, and did two 8" square cakes instead of a 9x13. One is in the freezer; with the pumpkin bundt cake in the house, we didn't need a full cake around! :D This way, when we want something special to serve, it's there. I love the freezer! LOL!

OK, I'm outta here. :) Have a wonderful weekend. Try something new! :) BE BLESSED!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment