Monday, September 2, 2013

Cannoli French Toast

Happy Labor Day! Are you enjoying your long weekend?? :)

I think this is going to be a week of breakfast posts. All three this week will feature breakfast or brunch foods. How does that sound? :D

Today's is Cannoli Stuffed French Toast from Two Peas & Their Pod.


Do you remember when I posted these Easy Cannoli Cups? Yeah, I figured you didn't. Go ahead and link to the post. I'll wait for you to refresh your memory. :D

OK. So I had extra filling, and I popped it into the freezer to see how it would do. The answer is, meh. :D It might be fine if I thawed the whole container and then whipped it, but I didn't want to do that - what you see above is the only serving I wanted to make - I mean, I was the only one around to eat it! :)

However, the filling worked for this - and I didn't want to make up a whole lot more filling. But if you don't have cannoli filling in your freezer, by all means, today's recipe is a great one! :)

This is a YES, PLEASE! - although I would definitely save it for a special occasion. I mean, chocolate and cannoli filling between two pieces of French bread French toast?!? Yum. And DECADENT. :) Although it tastes very sweet, it doesn't have a load of sugar in it. But I would definitely suggest the confectioner's sugar dusting on top, and not syrup. :D

I hope you'll try it - and try to do it with someone special. It's more fun, I guarantee. :D Have a wonderful day! Be BLESSED!

No comments:

Post a Comment