Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Gingersnaps


Happy Wednesday! :D Are you having a good week? Can you believe it's almost the end of yet another month?!?! <sigh> :D

Today's recipe for you is Gingersnaps from Better Homes & Gardens. This is one I use for my open house; I've been told they're the best gingersnaps several people have ever had. I like hearing that. :D

I use butter, not margarine. And don't skimp on the spices! If yours are too old, GET NEW ONES for this recipe. Spices DO go, and it's much better to have fresher ones.

Also, I have been known to use all KINDS of colored sugars on these - the large granules, please! For me they're just not gingersnaps unless it's large-granule sugar. :D

This DOES make a very large batch. If you don't need lots of cookies, perhaps half the recipe. Or freeze half the dough. Or make the whole batch and freeze some of the cookies - they stack and freeze really well! Just make sure they're completely cooled before you stack them on top of each other, or they'll stick. :)

OK, I'm outta here. :) Enjoy your day - may it be REALLY blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment