Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Zucchini Chips

Hi! So glad you've come back! :)

These are zucchini chips; I got the recipe from Vittles & Bits.

It's a super-easy recipe, especially if you use a mandolin to slice your zucchini, which I did.

However, I found that, for me and my oven, there was an incredibly thin line between "crunchy" and "burnt-tasting". They take a really long time to dry, and I thought about using our dehydrator to do them instead.

I still might do that in the future, but Maggie's original recipe says, " These are best eaten within a couple hours of removing from the oven, as they start to get chewy if left out." I *might* try it if someone blesses us with a lot of zucchini, but to me, these chips were a lot of effort for little pleasure. My chips were either chewy or half-crisp or too-crisp (read: burnt). They might be healthy, but they use a lot of resource for little pleasure.

So, I'm going to have to rate these a NO, THANKS. But let me know if you try the recipe, and what you think - and how you did them! :)

Have a wonderful day! Be BLESSED!

No comments:

Post a Comment