Monday, June 18, 2012

Strawberry Napoleons

Good afternoon! Did you have a good weekend? I'm still trying to recuperate from my busy week last week. Oooh, LA! :D

Today's review is for Strawberry Napoleons from Six Sisters' Stuff. I chose this for my celebration with my family, obviously for dessert. My dad doesn't like anything chocolate, so I chose this so he could enjoy it, too. :D


YES, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Ok, so I can't make ANYTHING without tweaking the recipe; my mom made most of this, so she followed the recipe *almost* exactly. We had discussed the type of pudding earlier, so she did use sugar-free cheesecake pudding. However, she also used straight milk instead of half and half lower-carb milk, and almond extract when I wished for vanilla. <sigh> :D

This was SO good. I baked off the puff pastry in the morning before going to get my hair cut and run errands, and left them on the cooling rack until we used them. (You can put baked puff pastry in a container for about 24 hours, and then it really starts to get soggy again.) Each person assembled their own; this one's MINE. :D

The puff pastry is a crispy, flaky compliment to the creamy pudding filling. And fresh strawberries just take it to heavenly! :D

Please let me know if you try the recipe, and if you tweak it. Next time, I'm changing the vanilla and milks! :D

Have a wonderful day! Be BLESSED!

No comments:

Post a Comment