Monday, July 16, 2012

Cheese Ball

Good Monday Morning!!!!!

Did you get to try anything new over the weekend? We did - but that's a later post. :D I also heard from my friend who I took the Meatball Bubbles to:
Thank you so much for the meal you sent us... those meatball things were sooo good! Even tho I was soo sick that first week, I wanted them every meal! thank you so much.

 I love the fact that something that's so easy is so tasty. I know I keep telling you that, but they really are wonderful. :D She's still not feeling too well - please pray for her! - so I'm taking them another meal this week, and doing the bubbles again. :D

OK, on to today's recipe from Chef In Training. It's a different kind of cheese ball than I normally make; I usually do the one that's partially cheddar, partially cream cheese. This one was pretty good, too!

I did modify it a bit. (Shocker, right?? :D) I didn't use the powdered sugar, and kept just a bit of the juice from the pineapple in the mix. But that's it! :)

It was really light-tasting. I *might* use just a bit more ham next time, just to up that flavor a bit. I ate it for breakfast a couple of times; the longer it sat, the more the individual flavors of the things added to the cream cheese flavored the whole thing. It was popular at the barbecue we had with Kenn's discipleship group - I served it and our homemade "salsa"(more like a pico de gallo) as appetizers. Good thing, too - it was LATE when we finally got everyone here and ready to eat! :D

This is a YES, PLEASE! for us. It might be another new addition to the open house this year. :) I hope you'll let me know if you try it! Have a wonderful day! Be BLESSED!

No comments:

Post a Comment