Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Soft Pretzel Bites


Good Wednesday afternoon! :) Are you having a good week? Enjoying this first full week of January? It's amazing to me how quickly time flies. We'll be leaving for our family reunion and Oregon before I can blink! :D

Today's recipe review is of Soft Pretzel Bites from Two Peas& Their Pod.

Now, a little history about me and soft pretzels: when I was a little girl, my mom and I would walk to the mall together. One of the things that always happened was that we would get a treat - either ice cream or a soft pretzel. And yellow mustard is a must with a soft pretzel.

So, I didn't make the cheese sauce that is also posted on their blog with these as a dip. I knew I'd want mustard.

These are a YES, PLEASE. They're time-consuming, but very yummy. I put more salt on them than I liked, but that's because I couldn't see the salt on the egg wash too easily. Next time, I'll know better.

And there will be a next time, because I only cooked off HALF of this dough! I put the bites onto two pizza pans to bake; they need to not touch. And that made a LOT of pretzel bites!

I also adjusted the baking time on my second sheet.The first came out a bit crunchy on the bottoms. It's unusual, because our oven usually bakes a little cooler than most recipes call for. So know you might want to keep an eye on them a bit earlier than the recipe says. Other than that, I followed the recipe exactly! I bet the sweet version would be good, too - and I THINK I might substitute a teaspoon of the water with a teaspoon or so of vanilla extract if I was going to do them. :D

OK, I'm outta here! Have a WONDERFUL day, my friend. BE BLESSED!

No comments:

Post a Comment