Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Blueberry Breakfast Cake


Happy Wednesday! I hope you're having a wonderful week!

This recipe is one of the three dishes I served Saturday for my Stampin' Up! party Saturday; it's Blueberry Breakfast Cake from Alexandra's Kitchen.

This is a recipe I pinned because my parents are from Maine, and blueberries are superfruits there AND in the health world. :D So it's got to be good for you, right?!??! :D

I did this one exactly like it's written, except I doubled it. :D I wanted to make sure I had enough of it; the original recipe's for a 9" square.

This was simple but good. (So it receives a YES, PLEASE!)  My mom said she liked that it wasn't totally blueberry taste, that the cake stood up for itself. :) Which says a lot, because there were 4 cups of blueberries in that 13x9. :D I highly recommend always using fresh lemon zest in anything that calls for it. Just so you know. :D

People went back for seconds. It was moist, and I'm glad I got up that morning to make it - it was best fresh and warm from the oven. but it's still good later, too. :D

OK, I'm outta here! Have a WONDERFUL day! Be BLESSED!

No comments:

Post a Comment