Friday, January 17, 2014

Creamy Cauliflower Sauce

 Happy Friday! :) Have you had a good week? Is it cold where you are? It's quite chilly today - and it has snowed a tiny bit today! :) The Weather Channel says it's supposed to spit some more this afternoon, so I'll be sure to gaze out my window often... :D

Today's review is for Creamy Cauliflower Sauce, from Pinch of Yum.

OK, so I was a tiny bit skeptical. Sauce? Really? Out of cauliflower. But I decided to try it, because I like mashed cauliflower as a VERY low carb substitute for mashed potatoes - although I never put gravy on them. That grosses me out just thinking about it! :D


So I cut the recipe in half - I was the only one who would ever eat it, anyway - and went to town. The "sauce" is what you see above; I used it this way, as you see on the left, with some leftover angel hair pasta, shredded cheddar cheese, and ham chunks.

I was pleasantly surprised! It was really good! It gets a YES, PLEASE! - and I'm KIND of craving it now, even! I got two meals out of cutting it in half, but I used a LOT of it. :D I don't like dry pasta. (Oh, and in case you were worried, it's not REGULAR pasta, it's Dreamfields. :) )

It does have a LOT of garlic in it. I might cut that back JUST a bit, but there really wasn't any cauliflower taste to the sauce, which was nice. :) Lots and lots of garlic, like a white Italian sauce might have!

OK, I'm outta here! :) Have a WONDERFUL weekend! Try something new! :) Be BLESSED!

No comments:

Post a Comment