Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Stephen's Slow Cooker BBQ Pork


Welcome to Wednesday! :D

Do you remember last December, when I went to Texas to take care of my niece for two weeks? Well, one of the things my brother-in-law made for dinner during my first few days there was his slow cooker BBQ pork. Oh, MY, was it good. It smelled wonderful almost all day, and was it ever tender!

I asked for his recipe earlier this year, but never got around to making it. Until last weekend.

Not only did I pig out that day (pun totally intended! :D ), but I froze it in ice-cream-scoop-sized mounds. That makes it easier to get out exactly how much I want/need for another meal, and means it defrosts quickly when I want. :)

I got permission last week to share this yummy, easy meal with you!

So, here is his recipe:
Boneless pork butt (picnic butt), available at Walmart*

Sprinkle liberally with BBQ seasoning. (They use the dry rub from THE PIG in Memphis; I used one from the grocery store. His is better. :D )

Add anywhere from 1/3 - 1/2 small bottle of liquid smoke.

Cook 10 hours in slow cooker on low. Drain; pull/shred pork, discarding fat. Return shredded meat to crockpot. Sprinkle layers of meat with more rub. Douse with one complete bottle of Bull's Eye Memphis BBQ Sauce. (I used my favorite.) Have more sauce on hand to serve, if desired.


*I got one that had the bone in, and just pulled out and discarded what needed to go when I shredded it.

That's it! It's super easy - although I will admit that I ate as much unsauced pork as I did sauced that first night.... :D

Have a WONDERFUL day! Be BLESSED!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment