Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Jo Mama's World Famous Spaghetti


Good Wednesday morning! :) I hope you're having a great week. It's been a rough week around here; lots of loss of loved ones of people I deeply care about. Please pray for the King family and for the Ingram family. Thank you!

Today's review is for Jo Mama's World Famous Spaghetti from Food.com; we just used the sauce recipe. :)

We're trying to control more of what we eat, where we can do so fiscally-responsibly. And we decided to try making our own sauce; we even froze it in useable portions, so we could use it whenever we needed.

It was a very pretty sauce. We let it simmer in the slow cooker longer than the recipe said; I think our onion was bigger than necessary, and I really felt like it needed to cook into the sauce a bit more. Besides, a good sauce is nice and thick, right? :D

We also didn't add the meat. I wanted to be able to use it for anyone, even vegans or vegetarians. And it freezes flatter without meat. :D

It was a really good recipe. My dad thought it was too "spicy", but I thought it was really good! Of course, season it to your taste. :)

OK, I'm outta here! Have a wonderful day! Be BLESSED!

No comments:

Post a Comment