Monday, July 22, 2013

Todd's Famous Blueberry Pancakes

HAPPY MONDAY!

Did you think I might never blog again?!? :D It really feels like I haven't gotten into my groove since we've been back. Phew! But here I am, and I do have things to share with you, so let's get started!


These are Todd's Famous Blueberry Pancakes from Allrecipes.com.

I put off making these for a long time, because the recipe says to let sit for an hour. I mean, when I decide I want to make breakfast, I don't want to have to let something sit there! :D But I did. We had these Saturday for breakfast. I actually got up with plenty of time to let it sit!

Let's see. I think the only tweak to the recipe I did was that the original calls for "frozen blueberries." Well, if you look at their photo, and you know ANYTHING about frozen blueberries, you know they didn't use them in that pancake pictured. Letting the batter sit for an hour after you add frozen blueberries will give you a purple batter!!! Since I wanted mine to be pretty, I used fresh blueberries. It IS fresh berry season, after all. :D

They were good. I don't think I'd call them fluffy, because they did have some weight to them, but they were good pancakes. The serving size on the recipe says "six"; I got exactly nine pancakes out of the recipe, using a 1/4-cup measure, so I'm not sure what a "serving" would constitute - a pancake and a half?!??! So that's a little misleading. But I do now have blueberry pancakes in the freezer for a day I'm craving a pancake and don't want to cook! (Which is most days, these days.... <sigh> :D )

So it's a THUMBS UP, but give yourself lots of time. If you have a blueberry pancake recipe, I'd love to try it!

OK, I'm outta here! Busy week! Have a wonderful day - do come back Wednesday for another review! - and BE BLESSED!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment