Monday, May 27, 2013

EASY Homemade French Bread


Good Monday Afternoon! :) Did you have a good weekend?

This recipe is for easy homemade French bread from Deals to Meals.

This one lives up to its name. I'm not sure it's accurate about only costing 25 cents a loaf anymore, but it's definitely inexpensive - and easily customizable. :D

I used garlic salt in place of the regular salt, and about a tablespoon extra of garlic powder in the dough. It made two HUGE loaves! The garlic flavor was much more subtle, which was part of what I wanted - it was for a meal for family members before a funeral service, and I didn't want them to feel like they needed a breath mint while talking to people!

The garlic is the only way I changed this recipe. It was easy, and the hot water in the oven worked a CHARM. This is definitely a YES, PLEASE! recipe - I think the next time I make it, I'll form four baguettes instead of the large loaves. And freeze half for future use, especially for taking meals to other people.

OK, I'm outta here! Have a WONDERFUL day! BE BLESSED!

No comments:

Post a Comment