Monday, November 3, 2014

Eggs in Hash Brown Nests


Happy Monday! It's NOVEMBER! Where has this YEAR gone, people?!?! I mean...!!!!

Let me just warn you: I'm about to head in to open house preparations full tilt; I will continue to share things as I get a chance, but most of my open house recipes are ones you've seen, or ones I've done for years, so there won't be much new to show you from that. I'll do what I can to try new products and recipes, and read new books, but the next month will be TOTALLY nutso. :D

OK. You've been warned. :D Now, on to today's share: Eggs in Hash Brown Nests, from none other than The Pioneer Woman.

I love watching Ree on the Food Network. She makes me feel like a friend. :) I came across this recipe a while ago, and decided to give it a try last month.

I did NOT make my own hash browns. I like Simply Potatoes for this kind of thing, so that's what I used. I needed to season them more than I did. Also, mine didn't get very crisp on the outside - because I don't LIKE my eggs to get brown. I think, if and when I do this recipe again, I might bake the nests even more than I did.

These reheated OK; I didn't even heat a few of them, just ate them cold - because I didn't want my eggs to be able to bounce. :D And I can see, definitely, serving them with a big ham for brunch - that would be really yummy!

I guess I really can't make up my mind on these; YOU try them and tell me what YOU think! :)

Have a wonderful day, my friend. Be BLESSED! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment