Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Tangy Yogurt Frosting


Welcome to Wednesday! :) How are you today? Are you having a good week?

This recipe is for Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Tangy Yogurt Frosting, a recipe from Confessions of a Cookbook Queen.

This one is a mixed one. I, personally, didn't like the cupcake. It was lacking SOMETHING, and to me, it smelled better than it tasted. The frosting was REALLY runny - I added an extra cup of confectioner's sugar, in an attempt to get it to spread better. Yeah, didn't work. By the time my husband ate it, it had pooled into the wrapper and dried mostly there.

Now, my mom liked the cupcake, not the frosting. My husband thought it was "really tasty", even though he swears he doesn't LIKE pumpkin. I just didn't tell him what kind it was. LOL

So, how to rate it. I'm going to give it a NO, THANK YOU; I might remember the icing as a glaze for something, but not as a true frosting. The cupcakes didn't last long before they started to grow mold - too moist? No clue, but YUCK.  If you decide to try them, I'd love to know what you think of them!

OK, I'm outta here! Have a WONDERFUL day! Be BLESSED!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment