Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Cream Cheese Lemon Bars


Happy Wednesday! How's your week going? If you're in middle Tennessee, are you enjoying our spastic weather patterns?!?! Sheesh. Is it any wonder so many people are sick right now?!?

Anyway. :D

This recipe is for cream cheese lemon bars from a site called Recipetips.com.

 I'm afraid I'm rather ambivalent about this one. It wasn't really lemony, it wasn't really cream cheese-y. I'd gotten the lemon cake mix to keep in the closet, because several of my Pinned recipes call for one. So I decided to use the mix for this recipe.

My dad had to help me get the crust ingredients all mixed; I don't know if I've mentioned, but I have trouble with my wrists and my family sometimes helps me out when I'm cooking. :D It was an interesting crust, kind of crumbly (as a dough) like a shortbread, except it had an egg in it.

You mix up the lemon juice and zest and cream cheese with the powdered sugar, then divide that in half. Part is for the middle layer, and the rest acts as the icing. It was really lemony, but it wasn't enough to really brighten the whole thing, in my opinion.

Normally, I'll add lemon extract as well, but I wanted to make this one as straight as *I* could. :D I didn't tweak anything.

So I think I'll move it to my "A good recipe to have" board, but not plan to use it unless I'm a little desperate. :D I think my sentiment was echoed through the house - but it's almost all gone, anyway. :D

OK, I'm outta here! Make your week great!!! Be BLESSED! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment