Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Grilled Cheese with Bacon and Fried Egg



Happy Wednesday! :) Didn't autumn come in nicely? I do wish it was cooler - mid-80s is hot in the sun! - but it's going to be a lovely fall!

So, today's recipe review is for Grilled Cheese with Bacon and Fried Egg from Simply Cooking.

Let's see. I always cut my bacon package in half; it helps us eat less - but I do use thick-cut bacon. :D I used 2 full strips - three halves on my sandwich, and one to munch. :DI used my low-carb bread, and was a little apprehensive about how it would hold up to the substantial sandwich. But it did great! :) Oh, and I used 2% American instead of cheddar. With the butter, I didn't want the extra fat cheddar gives off. :D

This was a YUMMY breakfast. I had some hash browns to finish up, so I just made them and threw 'em on my plate. :D That SANDWICH!!!! Oh, my. I've made myself rather hungry... :D

OK, my friend. I'm going to post this now! Have a wonderful day! Be BLESSED!

No comments:

Post a Comment