Monday, June 2, 2014

Strawberry Coffee Cake



Welcome back to another Monday. :) How are you? Did you have a good weekend? Oh, and welcome to JUNE! One of my favorite months... ;)

Here in the south, the strawberry season is about past; in Indiana, it's about to begin. YUM, I love strawberries. And this is a YES, PLEASE! way to use some! :)

This recipe is for Strawberry Coffee Cake from Musings from a Stay-at-Home Mom.

Now, then, I WOULD change a bit with this. Do you see how dark this got on the bottom? Well, the recipe directions say to spread 1-1/2 cups of batter on the bottom of the pan. I did about two cups, and still had way more batter on the top than the bottom. And the bottom got way darker than I like. I think the next time, I'll use a 13x9 pan, double the strawberry filling, and keep the cake part the same. It was VERY thick, and took longer to bake the center than the recipe said.

I also sprinkled some sugar on the top of the cake. My mom's comment was that the cake wasn't very SWEET - which is part of what I really enjoyed about it. It allowed the strawberries to shine, IMO,  but I am glad I'd sprinkled it before putting in the oven.

I think that's all. :) I hope you'll try it!

Have a wonderful day! Be BLESSED, friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment