Friday, November 8, 2013

Chocolate and Peanut Butter Acorns

Happy Friday! :) Where did the week go? Wow, the YEAR is almost gone!

Today's share is more of a how-to, to make these adorable little acorns, from Six in the Suburbs.

Yes. They are cute. :D They are a bit of a pain to assemble - the kiss kept wanting to stay in the melted chips. AND, if I were to do this again, I'd use melted MILK chocolate chips - I thought the semi-sweet was a bit bitter. However, my mom LOVED them - I ate one of them to say I tried it, and she ate the rest that I made. :D

I didn't make a huge amount, which was fun - a hanging packet of Kisses and a to-go cup of the Nutter Butters was all. In the blog post, they say, "If your child has a peanut allergy, substitute the NutterButter for a Ritz Bitz!" I could be wrong - I mean, I don't eat a lot of prepared snacks! - but I thought Ritz Bitz had peanut butter in the center...?? Oh, well, I don't have to worry about it. :D I don't have kids!

So, they're a YES, PLEASE, especially if you're having a get-together during the fall. These would be a great table favor for Thanksgiving!

OK, I'm outta here. :) Have a wonderful weekend! Try something new! :) BE BLESSED!

No comments:

Post a Comment