Monday, September 3, 2012

Sour Cream Pancakes


Good Monday Morning! Welcome to SEPTEMBER - and Happy Labor Day! Are you planning something special?

Today's review is another recipe, this time from Friday Delights, for sour cream pancakes.

 This recipe had me a little concerned. First, there's an ingredient that's listed but not in the instructions. Then, there was the way the batter came together - it was THICK, not like regular pancake batter. When I put it into the pan, it didn't SPREAD.

But it *did* puff. Oh, MY, did they rise.

Then I took the first one cooked, and tore a piece with my fingers. It felt lighter than I thought it was going to - I mean, it has more fat than flour in it! Then I took a bite.

This is DEFINITELY a YES, PLEASE!!!! Oh, my. Not overly sweet, because there's only a tablespoon of honey to sweeten the batter. But so fluffy and soft. They were almost delicate.

My husband loves pancakes. And he loves when I make him breakfast. :D So this was a win-win; and he even thanked me again the next day for making this breakfast for him. LOL!

They are a little more time-consuming than the mix-in-the-bottle type. I'm definitely keeping this recipe for those lazy mornings when we want a special breakfast. Add a little salt air to the whole picture, and it would be a perfect morning! :D

Please let me know if you try these. I think your whole family would love them. If you have more than three people eating, however, you might want to double the recipe. I got eight pancakes using a 1/4-cup measure.

Have a BLESSED day!


1 comment: