Wednesday, September 5, 2012

NEST OF HOPE by J.L. Rybolt

Nest of Hope: one Woman's Journey Through a Hysterectomy, The Loss of a Dream, and the Quest to Hatch a New One by J.L. Rybolt (hereafter referred to as Jennifer!)

Good morning! Today's review is out of what I normally do, but I'm hoping to do more of all SORTS of reviews. (Especially next year, I may have more trouble posting recipe reviews! :D)

Anyway. This is a very special book; it's written by a dear friend of mine. Jennifer and I met - what, Jen, 11 years ago?!?! - when we were doing a community theater project together. Neither of us is too active in the scene anymore (from CHOICE, believe us! :D), but we've managed to maintain our friendship.

Jennifer is a very private person, so the fact that she put this book out for the world to see is a big step. However, I know why she did it: Jennifer wants to help people. Period. And this book, if you're going through a hysterectomy, will do that - and it will help the people who surround you who want to help, but don't know how.

Here's how Jen sums up the book's contents:
The first part of this book will address the hysterectomy: the surgery, recovery, menopause, being single and childless, a chapter for the men and your loved ones, and the question that came up: Who Am I Now? The second part will take you on a journey of regaining hope, love, wonder, and excitement. We will look at where to start searching for things that may be your dreams, reclaiming your dreams and resources to help you get there, and help with maneuvering through the minefield that can be "the change".

It's a short book, and an easy read - and there are gems throughout the book. It's insightful, honest, and a book I would recommend, hysterectomy or not. I don't know about you, but so many beautiful women in my life have gone through this surgery; having this resource is great for me as their friend, and as a woman about to enter "The Change". :D

The link at the top will take you to Amazon.com, where you can order the book. When I went over there, it was even on sale. I would encourage you to get it, read it, and keep it at-hand for the next friend who goes through something. Use it for yourself, for the "reclaiming your dreams" section. Use the "50 New Things" list Jennifer includes for you. I think you'll find it *all* helpful.

So it gets a YES, PLEASE! :) It will bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment