Friday, September 7, 2012

Part One: Apple Fritters

 Good morning! It's FRIDAY! :) How has your short work week been? I dunno; when I worked in an office, it always seemed the week was just as long, if not longer. :D

So, today I have a two-part review for you.OK, so it's part one of a two-parter. :D Aren't you BLESSED? You'll have to come back Monday to see what I say about the RECIPE, but you'll get a review of the GADGET today! :D

This is the "Original Cupcake Maker"; I purchased it from The Steamy Kitchen. Here's a link right to the one they've got now - it looks the same, but I can't see the top. But this is where I got it. :D

SteamyKitchen is a great blog; you really shout spend some time checking it out. She's a PRO, people!

Now. My review of the cupcake baker!

First, the picture shows them baked in the little papers. SOOO no necessary. As a matter of fact, one of the things I really love about this is that it's completely nonstick. I *do* spray it before I put the first batch of whatever in, but that's it.

Another plus on this machine is that it wipes clean with a damp cloth. LOVE that - I'm so not about the cleaning part of cooking, peeps. :D

The biggest "con" against this little gadget is that it pretty much steams the tops. Even though the top has a heating element in it, it really doesn't brown them or bake them. But it also doesn't FRY them. It's really a healthy way to cook. I think I'm going to try mini quiche soon!

Overall, though, it really is a cute, useful gadget. I've used it for brownie bites, mini cupcakes - that look more like cake balls than cupcakes! - and the recipe I'll review on Monday - these "Apple Fritters". It doesn't heat up the house; it takes very little time to get hot, and cools quickly. If you're planning on using with youngsters, they'll still need to be supervised; the steam, the inside, and the baked good are all very hot!

OK, that's it for today! :) It's our sixteenth anniversary - but I'm STAMPIN' tonight! :D I hope you have a WONDERFUL weekend; spend time with your loved ones. Laugh. Tell people you love them. God bless you!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment