Monday, July 29, 2013

Southern Peach Cobbler

Good morning! It's MONDAY! And it's the last Monday of July. Where on EARTH did this year go?!?!? Soon, it'll be time to see pumpkins and changing leaves, then get ready for the open house, then Christmas! Augh! :D

My mom hates it when I do that to her. :D How are YOU feeling? LOL!

Anyway.


Today's recipe is for Southern Peach Cobbler, from allrecipes.com.

 This recipe is going to go into my "Good recipe to have" file. It truly is a classic Southern cobbler - but it's MUCH better straight out of the oven. Seriously. Eat it warm. Make a half-recipe - still enough for four people!!!! - and eat it all. That's Blue Bell homemade vanilla ice cream on top. Nice compliment. But I thought this was really, REALLY sweet. I would perhaps cut the sugar down that goes on the peaches. LOVED the cinnamon-sugar sprinkled on top - is there ever too much cinnamon??? :D

I also used white peaches, because they were better than the normal ones I had to choose from. But it's also, I think, part of the sweetness issue I had. White peaches are good, but I think they're sweeter to begin with.

OK, I'm outta here! :D Have a WONDERFUL day! Be BLESSED!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment