Monday, May 20, 2013

Strawberry Almond Scones

Good Monday afternoon! :)

Friday, I got to stamp with my hostesses - well, all except Kathy, who had a preschool graduation to attend. :) I decided to make something sweet to share - and this is what we did!

These are strawberry almond scones from Love and Olive Oil.

Now, then. I didn't have whole wheat pastry flour, but I really wanted to try the flavor combination. So I used one cup of whole wheat flour, and 1/4 cup more unbleached AP flour. It wasn't enough. I really thought the WW would be more thirsty, but there simply wasn't enough flour in these to hold their shape. They turned out more like those muffin tops. :D Or a soft cookie. Which wasn't a BAD thing.... :D

These are a YES, PLEASE!; everyone seemed to enjoy them a lot. I sent most of them home with everyone else. :D

Next time, I will use the full amount of WW flour. And instead of slicing the strawberries, I will dice them; there was a lot of batter that didn't have a taste of strawberry in it.

I normally don't like almond-flavored anything, but I really did like this flavor combination. They were relatively easy to make, too - and they smelled so buttery while baking!

Let me know if you try making them, and if you modify the recipe. :) Ooooh, these would be good as blueberry-lemon, too.... :D Have a wonderful day! BE BLESSED!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment