Saturday, June 2, 2012

Welcome to my new blog!

I'm so glad you found me! :) My name is Lori, and I love to try new things - whether it's a new recipe, a new restaurant, or a new gadget. My hope is to try lots of things, and give you my opinions on them. That way, you have someone's viewpoint about things other than the creator's opinions! :) I'll be doing lots of recipes that I find on Pinterest; some of the photos look soooo good, but then they turn out kind of...odd? :D

Today, I'm reviewing the Strawberry Chocolate Nachos that can be found at Our Best Bites. I did tweak it a bit - and that's something you'll find out about me. I rarely use a recipe exactly as written. :D Anyway. Here's *my* picture of my strawberry chocolate nachos!


This recipe gets my YES, PLEASE! rating! Let me tell you my tweaks, and then I'll tell you why I enjoyed it so much - although LOOK AT IT. :D

First, I'm a diabetic. Whenever possible, I'm going to lower the carb count or sugar content - but I will never compromise on taste, so if it's going to be REAL something, I'll tell you. If I change it, I'll tell you. :)

With that said: I used lower-carb tortillas (probably a review coming up on them! :D). I used real butter to brush on the tortillas; I used baking Splenda and cinnamon to sprinkle on them. Fresh strawberries, semi-sweet chocolate chips and vegetable oil (surprisingly, a few chocolate chips have a pretty low carb count!), and real whipped cream.

Oh, GOODNESS. Was this ever YUMMY! It doesn't take too many chips to satisfy, either; six chips topped with two diced strawberries, a scant tablespoon of melted chocolate, and a dollop of whipped cream on each was a great breakfast one day, a cooling, satisfying dessert the next.

Let me know if you try this out! :) I think you're going to LOVE it - and so will anyone you decide to share your nachos with. :)

1 comment: